GIVE A CHILD AN UNFORGETTABLE SUMMER
Just over a year ago, our lives changed in an instant. For kids, that meant school closed, activities were cancelled, and they were isolated from their friends. And while the world is starting to open up and return to a new normal, children are feeling the lasting effects.
This year it is more important than ever to help kids reclaim their childhood. The YMCA is committed to helping kids heal from the mental, academic and physical stress of the last year. This summer, we need your continued help to ensure kids can have fun, be safe, and start to regain what was lost.
Here are some of the ways your support will create a phenomenal summer for all the kids we serve:
- Day camp lets kids be kids. They play, sing, dance and get creative. This imaginative, free play has been missing and is so critical to their development. Camp is downright fun and is so needed right now.
- Camp is screen free and outdoors! This past year saw a marked increase in screen time for children as learning and socialization went virtual. Camp creates a space where they connect with friends face-to-face, outdoors, and in a tech-free environment – supporting their physical and mental health.
- We will incorporate STEM, Math and Literacy activities throughout the camper day to help rebuild what was lost academically. Gaps in school and a challenging virtual environment meant many kids experienced learning loss, especially those from low-income households.
- Children in our programs receive healthy snacks and meals. The summer is a particularly vulnerable time for kids who rely on free or reduced-price meals during the school year. And the economic effects of COVID meant more families struggled to put food on the table.
- All children are welcomed at camp, regardless of their family’s ability to pay. To ensure cost is not a barrier to participation, your generous support helps ensure every child has access to camp and the life-changing benefits it provides.
This summer, you can help our community’s children thrive. Your generous support will ensure we can provide a summer filled with everything they lost over the last year.
Please consider making a gift today to the YMCA. THANK YOU for supporting our children!
Safety is our top priority. Parents can be assured that we are following all CDC and health guidelines to keep campers and counselors safe.