Skip to main content
Individuals Experiencing Homelessness
- The Opportunity Council: offers various housing services, which are essential for individuals and families experiencing or at risk of homelessness. They provide critical support such as rental assistance, transitional housing, and other housing-related services, which can be crucial in helping people find and maintain stable housing
- Interfaith Coalition: Offers various housing programs for Whatcom County residents experiencing homelessness.
- Lydia Place: Lydia Place is dedicated to disrupting the cycle of homelessness and promoting sustained independence for current and future generations. They offer a range of programs that include emergency housing, permanent supportive housing, mental health counseling, and case management services.
- Lighthouse Mission | Base Camp: Base Camp provides emergency shelter services, offering a safe place to sleep, meals, and access to showers and laundry facilities for individuals experiencing homelessness. Additionally, they offer case management and support services aimed at helping individuals move towards stable housing and self-sufficiency.
- WorkSource Washington: WorkSource is a statewide partnership of state, local and nonprofit agencies that provides an array of employment and training services to job seekers and employers in Washington.
- Northwest Workforce Council: Career planning, job search coaching, creating online applications, occupational classroom training, paid learning experiences, GED and High School Diploma support, scholarship application support. Types of eligibility include low-income adults, dislocated workers, and youth.
- Veterans’ Assistance Fund: If you’re a Whatcom County veteran, we can help you or your family access local, state, and federal benefits and services. You can receive assistance through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for: Health care Compensation and Pension Housing and Home Loans Employment Education Childcare
- Goodwill job training and education programs: Goodwill offers job training and education programs to people in the community, as well as help finding a job. All completely free.