GET INVOLVED – RUN WITH THE MARATHON CLUB!
You do NOT need to be an elite runner to coach Trail Blazers Marathon Club. We welcome positive, enthusiastic volunteers who are committed to developing lifelong runners!
Coaches are volunteers who works with a team of coaches to keep kids safe and moving forward.
- Coaches need NOT be competitive runners (walkers welcome!)
- Coaches can be women or men
- Must consent to and complete a background check and complete Child Abuse Prevention training
- Attend one practice per week
- Serve as a role model for program participants
- Have fun!
- When and Where are the Practices?
When: The Fall 2021 session starts on Tuesday, September 28th. The team meets once per week for eight weeks after school (2:30-3:45pm).
Where: Local elementary school throughout Whatcom County
Coaches agree to:
- Demonstrate a positive, encouraging demeanor and a healthy lifestyle.
- Be your wonderful self with the kids at all times and have fun with them!
- Communicate effectively with the Trail Blazers staff and respond in a timely fashion.
- Notify staff as soon as possible if there is any change in your coaching status.
What are the Benefits of Coaching?
- A discount on your child's program registration fee.
- An official “Marathon Club” T-shirt.
- Complimentary 5K registration.
How do I sign up?
Contact Jen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 255-0517
VOLUNTEER AT THE 5K
Our 5K at the end of each Girls on the Run season is a BIG event and takes many hands to make it successful. We need help with set-up, registration, Happy Hair Station, refreshments, course monitoring and take-down. Join us and be part of this inspiring and joyful event! Contact Sharon Stone at email@example.com to volunteer.
Contact Program Director Jen Gallant at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 255-0517