GET INVOLVED – RUN WITH THE TRAIL BLAZERS!
You do NOT need to be an elite runner to coach Trail Blazers. We welcome positive, enthusiastic volunteers who are committed to developing lifelong runners!
The Trailblazers coach is a volunteer that works with a team of coaches to keep kids safe on the trails and moving forward.
- Coaches need NOT be competitive runners (walkers welcome!)
- Coaches can be women or men
- Must consent to and complete a background check and complete Child Abuse Prevention training
- Attend one practice per week for one to five sessions (each session is seven weeks)
- Serve as a role model for program participants
- Have fun!
- When and Where are the Practices?
When: The Fall 2018 season starts the week of September 10th. Teams meet once per week for seven weeks after school (2:30 – 4:30 pm).
Using YMCA vans, we pick up two groups of 13 kids each day of the week (Monday –Friday). We have five consecutive seven week sessions throughout the school year (Week of: Sept 10-Oct 22, Oct 29–Dec 10, Jan 7-Feb 18, Feb 25-Apr 8 and Apr 15–May 27)
Where: We pick up runners at their elementary schools and drive to various trailheads throughout Whatcom County.
Coaches agree to:
- Demonstrate a positive, encouraging demeanor and a healthy lifestyle.
- Be your wonderful self with the kids at all times and have fun with them!
- Communicate effectively with the Trail Blazers staff and respond in a timely fashion.
- Notify staff as soon as possible if there is any change in your coaching status.
What are the Benefits of Coaching?
- A discount on your Trail Blazer’s program registration fee.
- An official “Trail Blazers” T-shirt.
- Complimentary 5K registration.
How do I sign up?
Contact Jen at email@example.com or (360) 255-0517
VOLUNTEER AT THE 5K
Our 5K at the end of each Girls on the Run season is a BIG event and takes many hands to make it successful. We need help with set-up, registration, Happy Hair Station, refreshments, course monitoring and take-down. Join us and be part of this inspiring and joyful event! Contact Sharon Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Contact Program Coordinator Jen Gallant at email@example.com or (360) 255-0517