Just like so many things in our lives have changed, your YMCA experience will look a little different when you return. Here are some expectations for our members and staff along with some changes you will see in our facilities and offerings.
YMCA STAGE 1 REOPENING | 30% CAPACITY
Stage 1 Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 6:00am-6:00pm
- All members will be screened upon entry
- We will have limited member offerings and facility amenities.
- Please reserve your spot in our Wellness Center, LifeFitness Room, and Group Fitness Classes. To register and reserve your spot, please CLICK HERE.
- We ask that members clean equipment before and after use
- Please follow physical distancing guidelines
- When you arrive, make yourself aware of our new building flow (there will be an UP and a DOWN staircase to encourage social distancing)
- Please bring your own towel, water bottle, mask and mat. Yoga classes will no longer be providing mats, traps, blocks or blankets because the Y cannot keep them clean enough to be safe for our members.
- Face coverings are required as you travel around the YMCA building and when you move from machine to machine. When you reach your workout destination, you may remove your face covering while in active exercise. If you choose to exercise with a mask on, please read this article from the American Council on Exercise about the Do's & Don'ts of exercising with face covering: CLICK HERE
- Whatcom Family YMCA members are always welcomed, guests are asked to stay home
FACILITY LOOK AND OFFERINGS
- Equipment will be spaced out to provide social distancing or 17 feet (for Washington State fitness facility guidelines, 8/10/2020, Click Here). Our LifeFitness line, usually located in the third floor Wellness Center near the stretching mats, is now on the 4th floor to provide for social distancing. Please keep in mind that reservations are separate for the LifeFitness line (max 5) and the Wellness Center (max 5).
- Limited equipment access
- Cleaning and sanitizing will occur frequently
- All 2nd Floor Locker Rooms will be CLOSED. 1st Floor Family Changing Rooms and Accessible Restroom will remain open and available.
- Signage reminders will be placed throughout our buildings
- The following programs & amenities will be suspended in Stage 1:
|Suspended Amenities||Suspended Programs|
|Gym Sports (Basketball,
Pickleball, Volleyball )
|Court Sports (Racquetball & Squash)||Gymnastics|
|Child Watch (not allowed to open in Phase 2)||Martial Arts|
|Climbing Wall||Sports Leagues|
|Large and Small Pools||Youth Sports|
|Locker Rooms / Showers|
|Steam Rooms & Saunas|
- All staff will be screened upon entry
- Masks and Personal Protection Equipment will be required
- Training around COVID-19 policies and practices will be required
- Cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and spaces will be done throughout staff shifts
- Physical distancing guidelines will be applied
PLEASE MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
Physical distancing guidelines of at least six feet of separation must be maintained by every person in the facility at all times to the greatest extent possible. We will have a physical distancing plan that explains where individuals can be at a given time in our lobby or waiting areas, private offices, and the training areas. Signage will be placed at entrances and throughout our facilities providing you instructions and information about our enhanced physical distancing requirements.
- Access to our facility will be through the front door from State Street and alley door from parking lot.
- Congregations of no more than five people will be allowed in common areas such as lobbies, and only if physical distancing may be maintained.
- Group fitness classes and room capacities will be posted outside each exercise area. Please reserve your time in the Wellness Center or a spot in a group fitness class HERE.