Where There's A Y, There's A Way . . . For Teens
You Help Foster Tomorrow's Leaders
"Youth Institute is a place I go to learn more about life and how to be a better leader, a better student, and a better part of my community." Hannah, Youth Institute Participant
Everyone wants a place to belong. Whether you are a teen navigating the struggles of high school, a single parent trying to pay the bills and provide a loving environment for your child, or a senior looking to connect with new friends and get out of the house, the Y is that place. Our Annual Support Campaign creates these opportunities daily. Take a minute to see the impact your gift makes on teens in our community.
By providing academic and social support grounded in youth culture, the Y creates space for teens to reach their potential and shape a vibrant future for everyone. In our Youth Institute program, teens learn the necessary skills to be contributing and positive members of their community. The Youth and Government program provides educational opportunities for teens to improve public speaking, learn the legislative process, and improve their teamwork and debate skills so they have a voice in their future. The Y is that safe place for kids to call their "home away from home".
These programs would not be possible without your help. The Y gives people hope for and the means to achieve a better future. That's what our Annual Community Support Campaign is all about. It’s your chance to invest in the lives and futures of your neighbors. Every dollar raised during campaign goes to your local Y to provide financial aid and support so that everyone has access to life-changing Y programs and facilities.
How can I complete my gift?
- Online (click on the blue button above)
- Check (please make checks payable to: Whatcom Family YMCA)
- Credit or Debit (online, over the phone, in person, or via mail)
- Make a pledge and setup a payment plan. Pledge today and setup a payment plan for the future
- Gift of Stock. Contact Tracy Diehl for details, 360-255-0445
- Other - have another type or method of giving in mind? Give us a call today!
How do I make my gift recurring?
- Setup your recurring gift online
- Stop in to any Whatcom Family YMCA facility or contact Tracy Diehl, 360-255-0445
- If you are a member of the Whatcom Family YMCA, you can simply elect to add any amount to your membership draft! Call or stop in to setup your gift today.
- Want to make your gift go further? Many small and large Whatcom County companies proudly match the gifts of employees. Increase your impact and help your workplace support the causes you believe in. Contact your employer for details.
Our Campaign runs the entire month of March. Ask a staff member at any YMCA to see how you can help your community thrive. Please contact Tracy Diehl at email@example.com for information on becoming a volunteer campaigner or to make a gift to the Whatcom Family YMCA.