Bellingham YMCA Pools REOPENING Monday, September 28.
Swim Lessons will be returning Monday, October 5. CLICK HERE to visit our Swim Lesson webpage.
The YMCA is following ALL Whatcom County Health Department COVID-19 guidelines:
- Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance (just like checking into a flight, exactly 24 hours).
- Whatcom Family YMCA Members only, we are not able to accept guests at this time.
- There will be markers on the pool deck to maintain social distancing. Due to social distancing guidelines, when members are in the water they will be distanced by lane lines or shallow/deep ends of the pool.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available on the pool deck.
- All member equipment will be cleaned after each use (including lifeguard equipment).
- Family Swim - Family is defined as all those living in the same household. At least one adult attending MUST be a Whatcom Family YMCA member. Any non-members will be required to buy a day pass. If you are not a member, we invite you to consider joining the Y today! Scholarships available upon request. Two families of up to 3 people each may reserve time in the pools.
- Max Occupancy
- Large Pool Lap Swim = 4 people, 1 person per lane
- Large Pool Lap Swim/Water Exercise = 5 people (Lane 4 is reserved for Water Exercise with 1 person in Deep End and 1 person in Shallow End). Lanes 1-3 are reserved for Lap Swim with 1 person per lane.
- Water Fitness Classes = 10 People, 5 people in Deep End and 5 people in Shallow End
- Small Pool = 5 people
- Locker Rooms are NOT available (due to WA state mandates). Please note the following:
- Please wear your suit to the YMCA, plan to leave wearing your suit as changing rooms are NOT available
- Please shower on our pool deck prior to entering the pool
- ENTER the YMCA through the main entrance or from the parking lot/alley entrance
- EXIT from the pool deck to the Alley/Parking Lot stairs.
- Please remain in the pool that you have reserved.
- Masks must be worn on the pool deck until swimmers are about to enter the pool.
- Bins will be available for towels and small personal items (bins will be cleaned after each participant).
- Towel service is not available, bring your own towel and water bottle.