PARTNERS IN HEALING
THE WHOLE PERSON
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA
Cancer is a life-changing disease that takes a tremendous physical and emotional toll on those affected. The Y and LIVESTRONG have joined together to create LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, a research-based physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors reclaim their total health.
Participants work with Y staff trained in supportive cancer care to safely achieve their goals such as building muscle mass and strength; increasing flexibility and endurance; and improving confidence and self-esteem. By focusing on the whole person and not the disease, LIVESTRONG as the YMCA is helping people move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body.
If you are a cancer survivor who has completed your treatment, then this might be a good time to regain your energy and strength, meet other survivors and improve your mood.
No charge for Fall 2016 program. Class will fill so register early.
• Cancer survivors must be over 18 years.
• Must have a strong personal desire to improve their strength and fitness.
• Attend the full 12-week program.
• Agree to obtain medical clearance for participation.
• Must have completed cancer treatment with no evidence of active disease.
For more information, please email Tammy Bennett, email@example.com.